Students and staff at The Crest Academy are proud to announce that their 2016 GCSE examination results are the best in the Academy’s history; rising by 5 percentage points. There were many individual success stories, including the noteworthy achievements of four exceptional students who secured over 44 A*/A grades between them.
The Academy performed particularly well in the new Progress 8 Measure with a provisional score of +1.12, meaning that students have exceeded their predictions by at least one whole grade. 2016 is the first time schools will be reporting their Progress 8 score; a performance measure designed to show the level of advancement achieved by students from the end of primary school to the completion of their GCSE studies.
Highlights of The Crest Academy 2016 GCSE examination results include:
• Provisional Progress 8 Measure score of +1.12
• 50% of students achieved 5+ A*-C grades including English and Maths
• 51% of students achieved A*-C grades in English and Maths
• Four students each achieved 11 or more A*/A grades
• 100% of students studying Further Maths achieved A*-C grades
• 94% studying Physics achieved A*-C grades
• 80% studying Spanish achieved A*-C grades
In addition to the overall trend of improvement, there have been some outstanding individual performances:
• Mather Nori secured an exceptional 6 A*s and 5 As, with an A* in Further Maths
• Hanieh Esmaeel achieved 10 A*-A grades
• Ameena Hassan achieved 5 A*s and 7 As at GCSE, as well as securing a hugely impressive A in A Level Maths
Speaking of her results Ameena said: “The Academy really pushed me to achieve more and to reach my potential, I’m grateful they encouraged me to take A Level Maths early”.
Delighted students, parents and
staff celebrated the successes of the year group at the Academy and looked ahead to exciting next steps, with many students returning to The Crest Academy Sixth Form in September. With these results, the Academy’s aspirational students have established firm foundations for future academic and professional success.
Mohsen Ojja, Principal said: “I would like to congratulate students on the Academy’s best set of results to date, and to take the opportunity to thank staff for their hard work and commitment. We really are absolutely delighted for our students, their families and our community. It has been a time of exceptional progress and improvement at the Academy and we are confident this will continue apace.”
Errol Comrie, Director of Key Stage 4 commented: “These results demonstrate that the Crest Academy is a truly inclusive school, successful in ensuring that all our students gain solid results with many improving their predicted grades. Many congratulations to students who sat examinations this summer – we are very proud of their achievements and wish them every success in the future. I would also like to thank our staff for their hard work, and parents for their tremendous support.”
Notes for editors:
• The Crest Academy is part of E-ACT, a multi-academy trust sponsoring 23 state funded academies
• The Academy opened in a brand new state of the art building in 2014, incorporating Crest Girls’ Academy, Crest Boys’ Academy and Crest Sixth Form
• The Crest Academy website: www.thecrestacademy.org
• E-ACT website: www.e-act.org.uk
• Progress 8 and Attainment 8 scores will be released in the autumn term
• Current calculations are provisional only
• Progress 8 is based on students’ progress measured across 8 subjects including English, Mathematics, three remaining EBacc subjects (eg. sciences, humanities and languages) and three other GCSE or approved non-GCSE qualifications
For more information about these results or The Crest Academy, please contact the Principal, Mohsen Ojja, on 0208 452 4842 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.