Over the past four years, although part of the same family, The Crest Boys’ and The Girls’ Academies and their joint Sixth Form have operated as separate academies. Our new building, together with state of the art resources, creates a great opportunity to bring the Crest family closer together and to build better links with the community.
To view the Crest Academy on the School and College Performance Table follow this link : https://www.compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk/school/135973
As you will know, we have already made a number of changes to the way that Crest operates. There is strong leadership in place. Under this leadership we have made – and are making – major changes to teaching and learning to ensure that local children get the best education possible.
We have combined the Girls’ and Boys’ teaching staff into one body. This has already increased the teaching and leadership resources available. Building on this foundation, our commitment to you is to establish Crest as the first choice for single sex education in the area.
As part of E-ACT our focus is on the following Core Aims:
- Significantly raise educational standards.
- Promote and nurture greater integration and community cohesion.
- Involve and work in collaboration with key stakeholders, partners and the community.
- Ensure that all aspects of the Academy reflect a culturally inclusive ethos.
- Establish partnerships with organisations that will contribute to such an ethos.
- Provide positive role models for students.
- The Crest Academy will provide personalised learning opportunities to ensure that all students learn effectively and achieve their maximum potential.
- The Crest Academy will have an expectation of high standards of behaviour, attendance, punctuality and commitment. There will be opportunities for students to assume increasing responsibility for aspects of the Academy and to participate in its on-going development through effective ‘Student Voice’ strategies.
- The Crest Academy will actively encourage and support students to aspire to higher education through a range of opportunities. Links with local and national universities, particularly Brunel University, will help to support an ethos of high aspirations and ambition in students.
- The Crest Academy will mobilise the active involvement of the business community through our Sponsor E-ACT’s network of local and national connections. This will enable our young people to gain full access to employment and training.
- The Crest Academy will also be supported by a strategic learning partnership with Highgate School, a local independent school.
- Enterprise activities will underpin key aspects of learning and help to develop students’ thinking, problem solving and life skills.
- Access to a comprehensive programme of careers’ education and guidance, pastoral care, professional mentoring and personal, health and citizenship education will complement students’ academic study.