The process of applying for Free School Meals at The Crest Academy is clear and straightforward and may be done online or via the Academy reception. The qualifying criteria has not changed, and parents/carers need to be in receipt of one of the following benefits to be considered eligible:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190 (as assessed by HMRC)
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Income Related Employment Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (from the National Asylum Support Service)
NB: Working Tax Credits do not qualify you for Free School Meals unless granted to cover the four-week period immediately after employment ceases, or if the hours worked are less than 16 hours per week.
Free School Meals are available at The Crest Academy to students whose parent/guardian successfully completes the online application at: www.myfreeschoolmeals.com
Applications will need to be renewed annually on the ‘My Free School Meal’ website to enable the school’s administration team to process the renewal ready for the start of the next academic year. We are automatically notified within 5 days of successful applications so we do not need notification from parents.
The daily allowance for free school meals is £2.40 and can be used at breakfast, break and lunch.
If you are having difficulty completing your application please speak with a member of staff at reception or ask to speak with a Pastoral Manager.