At The Crest Academy, we pride ourselves on the high levels of academic success and the wide range of extra curricular activities available to our students.
We understand that our students get one opportunity at secondary education and we work tirelessly to ensure that every single student achieves the highest levels of academic success and aspires for excellence in everything they do. We have a comprehensive and successful transition programme with our local primary schools to ensure that all new Year 7 students have a smooth move to secondary school. For external students applying to our Sixth Form we have an induction programme to guarantee that their start to life in our Sixth Form is successful.
I hope that you have had the opportunity to look around our website to give you a flavour of everything that goes on in the school. I also hope that you have visited the school as it is only by walking around the site and seeing the work that goes in the school every day,that you will truly get a full picture of the great school we are.
If you would like a tour of the school please contact Ms Carole McWhinney on 020 8452 4842
Students who choose The Crest Academy as their destination for 11-18 education will receive a structured induction process.
For students joining in Year 7:
- Free school blazer and tie
- Two dedicated transition days run by our Pastoral Team allowing students to be inducted into lessons
- Careful liaison with our SENCO for students with additional learning needs or for students who are at the early stages of learning English
- Two week summer school for students who need additional support to develop either the skills or confidence to make the move to secondary successfully
- An optional Year 10/11 Big Brother or Sister – a student buddy or mentor who will be a regular point of contact in your son/daughters first few weeks of secondary answering any questions they may have and making sure that they are happy in school