It is crucial that anyone wanting to enroll at The Crest Academy’s Sixth Form Centre is on the right course to ensure their future success. Your GCSE results will determine what you can study and advice and guidance will be provided throughout the year and finalised on enrollment.
• Applicants are required to have at least 5 A* – C passes at GCSE.
• All applicants must meet the minimum requirements for the subjects they wish to study.
For the majority of subjects this would be a grade B at GCSE in that subject (or a related
subject where the chosen subject is not offered at GCSE)
• All applicants are required to have a strong work ethic and commitment to our ethos, standards
and code of conduct. This will be determined from the application form and interview.
• Entry into year 13 relies on success in the year 12. As a minimum applicants are normally
expected to achieve a D grade in each of the subjects to continue to study in year 13. All Year
12s will have end of year exams to determine progression into year 13.
• If you have 5 GCSE grades at A*-D including at least a C grade in English or Maths we may be
able to offer you a place at the Sixth form. We will review your case on an individual basis.
If you do not meet these criteria we would not be able to offer you a place at Crest Sixth Form
as the range of subjects on offer would not suit your needs.
• All applicants are subject to a probation period. During this period academic achievement,
behaviour and attitudes will be monitored and reviewed. Where students are not following the
Crest standards and expectations their place at the Sixth form can be terminated.
Crest Sixth Form Application Form